Top Rated Pediatricians Questions and Answers
If you are looking for a top-rated pediatrician to provide quality care for your child then please come to Olivero Pediatrics today! Our kind and compassionate professionals in Port Matilda, PA are experienced in pediatric care and can provide your little ones with a higher level of care. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Pediatrics is a comprehensive practice that encompasses every aspect of a child’s health, from infancy to early adulthood. Practiced by pediatricians, these medical professionals are well-versed in the majority of conditions that commonly affect children, from everyday injuries to chronic diseases. Pediatricians are specially trained to communicate with young children, as it can be challenging for kids just learning to talk to explain their symptoms and how they are feeling. They look for common signs that indicate a child’s current disposition and provide an unparalleled level of care.
What does a pediatrician do?
Pediatricians are concerned with the health of infants, children and teenagers and provide physical, mental and emotional care for their patients. They administer treatments, therapies, medications and vaccinations to treat illness, disorders or injuries and perform diagnostic tests to obtain information of the patient’s medical condition. They also treat children who are suffering from acute and chronic health problems, physiological and psychological growth, minor injuries, and developmental concerns.
Concerning diet, hygiene and disease prevention, pediatricians counsel and guide children and their parents or guardians. The field of pediatrics is a collaborative specialty. In order to efficiently address the issue, primary care pediatricians may refer patients to a medical specialist if they exhibit symptoms of a serious medical condition. In addition to this, pediatricians:
- Perform physical exams
- Give recommended immunizations
- Prescribe medications, such as pain relievers and antibiotics
- Provide general health advice
- Ensure that their patients are meeting developmental milestones in growth, abilities, cognition and behavior
- Diagnose and treat illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health problems that commonly affect children
- Provide parents information about their child’s health needs, including safety, nutrition, and fitness
- Answer parents’ questions about their child’s growth/development
- Refer to and collaborate with a specialist when their patients are experiencing a complex health condition that requires specialized care
What can a pediatrician diagnose?
Pediatricians can diagnose the majority of common injuries and illnesses that affect children and adolescents, including:
- Acute injuries, including strains, sprains and fractures
- Genetic disorders, including cystic fibrosis and Down syndrome
- Disabilities such as cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes
- Infectious diseases such as meningitis
- Asthma and allergies
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Please note that this list does not include every condition that a pediatrician can diagnose, but only a few examples of common diseases and disorders. Please call our clinic to find out more.
Why should my child see a pediatrician instead of a family doctor?
While both family doctors and pediatricians provide great care for children, a pediatrician may be better suited for some individuals. Because they focus solely on treating children, pediatricians may be better at talking to kids in a way they can understand and to parents about delicate, personal issues with sensitivity and understanding. Pediatricians prioritize the health and safety of children and take time to get to know each of their patients personally. They will have a good understanding of their personality and can sense when something is not right. With a focus on treating children and adolescents, they may also be more experienced at managing childhood health concerns.
What services are offered at Olivero Pediatrics clinic?
At Olivero Pediatrics Port Matilda PA, we care about the health of your children. Our team of professionals are dedicated to delivering the highest level of service for each parent and child, at every visit. The services we offer include:
- Concussion Management
- Sick Visits
- Newborn Care
- Well Child Visits
- Asthma Testing
- Pediatric Ear Infections
- Pediatric Rashes Treatment
- Children’s Sports Medicine
- ADD/ADHD Management for Children
- Breastfeeding Support
- Pediatric Tuberculosis Testing
If you are looking for a pediatrician you can trust, come to Olivero Pediatrics Port Matilda PA today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in caring for children and are dedicated to putting their needs first. Call us today at (814) 256-4466 to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1243 Sky top Mountain Road Suite 4, Port Matilda, PA 16870. Our office is open five days a week: Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. We serve patients from Port Matilda PA, Waddle, PA, Julian PA, State College PA, Bellefonte PA, Pennsylvania Furnace PA, and Pine Grove Mills PA. Looking forward to serve you!