Pediatric Walk-In Clinic Questions and Answers
: If you feel that our children’s medical clinic would be a great fit for your family we encourage you to reach out to us today. Our team of doctors and pediatricians at Olivero Pediatrics offer walk-in services in Port Matilda, PA. Our mission is to help you raise a happy, healthy child. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Your kid is sick, your doctor’s office is closed and you do not know what to do: has this ever happened to you before? Many parents find themselves in this situation and think they have only two options: take their child to emergency care or wait until the morning when their doctor is available. While both of these options definitely have their place in certain situations, there is an important third option of which many parents are not aware. Pediatric walk-in clinics fill the need when parents find themselves in this situation and can provide a high level of care for your children when they need it most.
What is a walk-in pediatric visit?
A walk-in pediatric visit is essentially the same as a walk-in healthcare visit that adults do everyday, but for children. These clinics accept walk-in appointments for pediatric care, providing invaluable healthcare services for children. Three benefits of this type of care include:
- Prompt Treatment — Because of how a walk-in clinic’s system is designed, patients will not have to wait for long before they can be seen. When dealing with sprains, infections, fever, and other mild conditions, this is the best place to go to receive prompt medical attention, oftentimes much quicker than an ER.
- Lower Cost — The difference in cost stems from a few factors, including hours of operation, staff onsite, and services offered. People with relatively minor injuries, on average, pay significantly less when treated at a walk-in clinic versus the ER.
- The Same Great Care — Although the physical setting may differ, the quality of treatment remains the same. Walk-in clinics are staffed with highly experienced doctors, nurses, and other staff to deliver exceptional healthcare.
What can be treated at a pediatric walk-in clinic?
Pediatric walk-in clinics treat common mild to moderate injuries and illnesses, including:
- Acute injuries, such as:
- Mild fractures
- Acute illnesses, such as:
- Ear infections
- Eye infections
- Flu symptoms
- Common cold
In addition, they also provide the following services:
- Sick Visits
- Newborn Care
- Well Child Visits
- Asthma Testing
- Children’s Sports Medicine
When should you use a pediatric walk-in clinic?
You may be wondering when to take advantage of these convenient services, and the answer may put your mind at ease. Pediatric walk-in clinics are recommended when your pediatrician’s office is closed, but the current circumstances are pressing and cannot wait until tomorrow. However, true emergencies—life- and limb-threatening situations—should be treated at the emergency room, and anyone who visits one of these clinics with an emergency will be referred there right away.
Do I need an appointment to see a doctor at Olivero Pediatrics?
No, an appointment is not needed! We accept walk-in appointments, so you do not have to rearrange your schedule to see one of the qualified medical professionals at Olivero Pediatrics. We understand that injuries and illnesses are not planned, and implement this into our practice to better serve patients and their children in need.
If your child is sick or injured and your doctor’s office is closed, do not worry! Bring them to Olivero Pediatrics Port Matilda PA today for pediatric service you can trust. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating injuries and illnesses that affect children, and can help your little one feel better, sooner. Call us today at (814) 256-4466 to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1243 Skytop Mountain Road Suite 4, Port Matilda, PA 16870. Our office is open five days a week: Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. We serve patients from Port Matilda PA, Waddle, PA, Julian PA, State College PA, Bellefonte PA, Pennsylvania Furnace PA, and Pine Grove Mills PA. Looking forward to serve you!