Child Immunizations & Vaccines in Port Matilda, PA
Vaccines Help Protect Children From Serious Diseases. Pediatric Doctor Daniel Olivero Provides a Wide Range of Vaccines to Children from Newborn to 21 Years. Olivero Pediatrics Is Located at 1243 Skytop Mountain Rd. Suite 4, Port Matilda, PA 16870-7725
Call Olivero Pediatrics for more information on getting immunization for your child.
What Type of Immunizations/Vaccines?
There are intramuscular vaccines, subcutaneous vaccines, and intranasal vaccines. Vaccines are either “live” or “inactivated”.
What Vaccines Do Kids Need?
As recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- 2, 4, & 6 months – Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP (Diptheria, Tetans, acellular Pertusis), Hib (Haemophilus influenza type B – this is not the yearly flu that goes around), PCV13 (pneumococcal), IPV (polio)
- 6 months – Influenza (yearly)
- 12 months – MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, PCV13
- 15 months – Hib, DTaP
- 18 months – Hepatitis A
- 4 years – MMR, Variciella, DTaP, IPV
- 11 years – MCV (Meningiococcal), Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, acellular pertussis), HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- 16 yrs – MCV, Men B (Meningioccocal type B)
What to be aware of when getting vaccines (Side Effects/Reactions)?
Any vaccine can cause side effects. For the most part these are minor (for example, a sore arm or low-grade fever) and go away within a few days.
Will my child need more than one Vaccine treatment?
Depends on the child’s age and if the child is missing recommended vaccines for age. There are combined vaccines: MMR and Varicella are combined into a single vaccine at 4 years of age. DTaP and IPV are combined at 4 years of age. Hep B, DTaP and IPV are combined in a single vaccine at 2, 4 and 6 months of age.