Child Immunizations & Vaccines Clinic
Our experienced pediatricians at Olivero Pediatrics provide a wide range of vaccinations to help protect children from serious diseases. Please call us for more information or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Port Matilda PA, Waddle, PA, Julian PA, State College PA, Bellefonte PA, Pennsylvania Furnace PA and Pine Grove Mills PA.
What Are Types of Immunizations/Vaccines?
There are intramuscular vaccines, subcutaneous vaccines, and intranasal vaccines. Vaccines are either “live” or “inactivated”.
What Vaccines Do Kids Need?
As recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- 2, 4, & 6 months – Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP (Diptheria, Tetans, acellular Pertusis), Hib (Haemophilus influenza type B – this is not the yearly flu that goes around), PCV13 (pneumococcal), IPV (polio)
- 6 months – Influenza (yearly)
- 12 months – MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, PCV13
- 15 months – Hib, DTaP
- 18 months – Hepatitis A
- 4 years – MMR, Variciella, DTaP, IPV
- 11 years – MCV (Meningiococcal), Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, acellular pertussis), HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- 16 yrs – MCV, Men B (Meningioccocal type B)
What to be aware of when getting vaccines (Side Effects/Reactions)?
Any vaccine can cause side effects. For the most part these are minor (for example, a sore arm or low-grade fever) and go away within a few days.
Will my child need more than one Vaccine treatment?
Depends on the child’s age and if the child is missing recommended vaccines for age. There are combined vaccines: MMR and Varicella are combined into a single vaccine at 4 years of age. DTaP and IPV are combined at 4 years of age. Hep B, DTaP and IPV are combined in a single vaccine at 2, 4 and 6 months of age.
Where can I get child vaccinations?
Walk in today or call (814) 256-4466 for a same day visit at Olivero Pediatrics! Or you can request an appointment online for your convenience. Dr. Olivero and top medical professionals are here to provide you and your family with the recommended child vaccinations. Olivero Pediatrics is located at 1243 Skytop Mountain Rd. Suite 4, Port Matilda, PA 16870 near State College, Bellefonte, Philipsburg, Julian area of Pennsylvania.